Today our time in London has sadly came to an end! I will be
the first to tell you, however that we packed as much in as possible and I am
looking forward to coming back! We explored a different part of London today
and went to The Tower of London/London Bridge. This was magnificent and very
beautiful. The intricate detail and magnitude of the bridge was breathtaking! After
spending the morning here Christiana, Ryan and I went to the infamous Platform
9 ¾! This was very fun! Of course it has been transformed into a total tourist
sight where they have the trolley, glasses, and the Gryffindor scarf available
for people to try on and take a picture! Also fun fact that I learned was that
the true Platform 9 ¾ was actually located between platforms 8 and 9. (rather
than 9 and 10) After waiting in a long line we got our picture taken and the
explored the official Harry Potter store. This was quite a treat and we ran
into many true Harry Potter fanatics!
We had a late lunch at Ryan’s choice…Pizza Express. This was a nicer pizza restaurant with delicious thin crust pizzas. I was reminded of one thing that I do not miss at all from my study abroad experience, which is…. Having to pay for water everywhere. They provide the nice glass bottle with a liter of water (going for 5 pounds!!!). With 3 dehydrated tourists this does not go too far.
Ryan and I had one last stroll through London. It was
delightful. Everyone was so nice and I personally cannot get enough of their
accents. Finally we ended our time at Green Park with a short nap while people
watching. The about of pigeons and other types of bird that we saw here was
crazy. They are so use to being around people that they do not really move.
Multiple times I had to duck because I truly thought the bird was going to fly
straight into me!
Here I am now on the plane to South Africa! The adventure is
only beginning! So excited for what is to come!

No comments:
Post a Comment