Sunday, June 1, 2014

Muizenburg

Lying in bed…exhausted! I will be attaching pictures of my room and house as soon as I can. I am in a house of 12 people. Very tight quarters but in the same sense it is fun to hangout and get to know the other volunteers. It is awesome to meet these people because they are a great source of knowledge regarding Cape Town and they also share a sense of adventure and are pretty much up to do anything! Today Ryan and I explored and essentially walked in circles. Sometimes the best way to get to know a city is to get completely lost. Only the getting lost part gets a little old when it starts to rain! It was incredibly windy day and was raining the majority of the afternoon but we still could get a sense of the beauty of our surroundings.


After Ryan and I rejuvenated with some food and wifi we made our way back to our house. We live about a 10 minute walk to downtown Muizenberg and we are a short train ride (about 40 min) to Cape Town. We got to know the volunteers a bit better tonight. It has been great so far! Some are from United States, Canada, Australia, Bolivia, …all over the world! Although fighting the jet lag, we went out to a local bar for a quick drink with a few people that live in my house. It was fun to see a little different part of Muizenberg. The bar was filled with townies and drunk people watching rugby. A great experience!  

No comments:

Post a Comment