By 8 am we were at a local farmers market. This market consisted of vendors after vendors selling delicious local food products. My friends and I enjoyed walking around talking to the vendors and learning about there part in the farmer's market. Our group enjoyed the fresh food and crisp air of the morning.
Once our tummies were full we piled in the vehicle and drove to the tallest bungee jumping bridge in the world. (216 meters) I was very uneasy with the idea off jumping of a bridge....then I saw the bridge and I was convinced I was not doing it. Seeing people in front of me go, hearing the screams... No not for me.... Well that's what I thought until I was completely talked into the whole "when will I ever get to do this again.." talk.
The next thing I knew I was being harnessed in by my buddy Reece. Three times I asked Reece if he strapped me in right.
The next challenge was getting to the jumping pad on the bridge. To do this you had to take a very long narrow walkway to the center of the bridge... Not too bad right? No this walkway was like a grated see through and very very scary. As you look down you see a forest, river and lots of rocks. This walk was quite a warm up for the actual jump. At the jumping pad the atmosphere was awesome! There were at least 15 employees up there. They had this process down to a science. They had music playing and a large tv screen that filmed everyone's jump. So while the several people in front of me were jumping, I was able to watch the before reaction, the whole jump and see them bounce up and down while waiting for the bungee employee to meet them and pull them back up! This was scary!!
Anyways when it was my turn to jump I was trying to be as brave as possible. Of course I had David Kennedy next to me telling me to find my "inner bird." I responded by asking him, "What if I don't have an "inner bird."" He ensured me that I did. And he was right. I made my away to the end of he platform, put my arms to the side and jumped. Certainly the closest "near death experience " in my life.
It was the most liberating, free, crazy thing I have ever felt. It was just a mix of so many emotions. The longest part of this process is when I am waiting at the bottom dangling. They started to pull me up and then about half way up a bungee employee comes down and meets me. He reattached my clamps and harness to him and then he escorts me back to the top of the bridge. While we are completely linked together and I am in shock from everything I just experienced ... He tells me I have the most beautiful eyes. While I am flattered by the compliment I responded with can you just get me to the top safely. I was kind of like thank you but please just get me back to solid ground!!!
I of course bought the pictures and video to this experience, so once I upload these I will add more pics! Here are a couple in the mean time!





No comments:
Post a Comment