One of the best days I have had in South Africa. Started with a wonderful day at school. My students were so spunky and adorable. Because it is the last day of the term the kids were allowed to dress in any type of clothes! They were so cute and expressive! One cutie Chavarno was wearing electric yellow pants and a lime green tshirt. (Totally did not match...but it was just so him)
We had the treats I made, played games and ran around outside. The day ended with incredibly sad goodbyes. All the kids swarmed me and gave me cute cards. My heart melted! My hardest goodbye was to my sweet kindergartener Hayden. I can not express how amazing this little girl is. She is absolutely one of a kind and has the sweetest personality to match her smile. She knew all week that today was my last day. She kept on telling me how much she doesn't want Friday to come. Finally when the time came to say goodbye she was hugging me so tight. She gave me a kiss on the check and left her lips pressed against my check for I am serious 4 minutes straight. She wouldn't let go. It brought a tear to my eye. It was emotional.
The day continued with a staff meeting after the kids left. The principal again gave a heart felt speech. They gave me a mug with a picture of the school on it and the school tie.
Following the staff meeting several teachers and school staff (maybe 20 people in total) went to a beautiful forest with nice grill out and picnic areas. All the staff gathered, brought there own drinks and a huge spread of food and had lot of meat to throw on the grill!
The teachers are some of the nicest most welcoming people I have ever been around. They are so sweet and willing to help as much as they can. I had an amazing time. It was fun to get to know the teachers at a more personal level. Teachers were singing, drinking, dancing, eating... Everyone was so happy and kind to us volunteers!
Sad sad good bye!
Mobeem! Anther sad goodbye. He dressed so cute today and apologized that my last day he didn't wear any super hero outfit.









No comments:
Post a Comment